The life of a college kid...

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

summer has come and past...almost

Wow...so I just wrote this huge long blog and then my computer went crazy and deleted it and yeah... ugh! It angers me!
It's been way too long since I've posted. My summer is almost over! Mom told me today that she is coming to get me in about 27 days or something like that! Ahhh how I long for that day. I mean I love being here and I love my job and everything but I love my home and family even more!
This summer has been full of "news" for me. New home...new area...new job...new friends...new responsiblities. What I'm doing this summer if you would have told me a couple months ago that this is what I'd be doing this summer, I would have laughed and said something like I would never do that... I can't see myself doing that. I mean...I'm a stinkin LSI (Living Skills Instructor)
I'm basically in charge of 9 ladies (depending on the day and which unit I'm working in) and I help them out in their every day needs. Such as showering, eating, dressing, well you get it.... basically EVERYTHING! I literally am in charge of their lives. I control all of their medications. I could serioiusly kill someone by not giving them their meds...or giving them too much or not enough. It's really a scary thought!! It sometimes is a really stressful job but yet I LOVE it and I love my ladies!! They have taught me so much this summer! So thats pretty much my job life. Outside of that isn't all that exciting. It pretty much consists of sleepin till about 3pm...eating...and playing Halo 2 till the early hours of the morning!
It's crazy to think how fast my life is going by! I'm going to be a sophmore at Nland this summer. Which I still don't even believe! I mean really...a sophmore...in COLLEGE! weird!
And then to think that my sister is married?!! When did she get that old? When I really think about it, memories of our past flash through my mind. Memories of us in our younger days... I can remember like it was just yesterday Bethany being her tomboy self with her baggy clothes and baseball hat. Oh and don't forget the fanny pack!! haha! The 3 of us trudging through the woods, looking for the perfect place for our new fort! Ahh those were the good ole days! Where did they go?!
Me and Bethany at the bachelorette party!!
The girls-minus Klarissa
maid of honor and best man!
for some reason i cant get it to be non underlined here. ugh.

Me and one of my favorite reisdents~Jimmy!

OK so one day I decided to actually grill out and make supper since it's one thing I miss terribly from home. I made these porkchops and oh my gosh! They were amazazing!

6 Comments:

  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger sc3b said…

    Sniff, sniff...my girls are all grown up!!! Can't wait to get you home for awhile before school starts. Love you!!

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger sc3b said…

    Exactly how tall is Jimmy?

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger BrookesBlogs said…

    Jimmy and I are both pretty much standing up straight in that picture.

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger sc3b said…

    One thing we must have missed in all our years of homeschooling...sophOmore must not have made the spelling list!!!

     
  • At 7:15 AM, Blogger BrookesBlogs said…

    well... i actually know how to spell sophomore. musta had a brain fart.

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger sc3b said…

    ...and, that last word in your last comment did NOT make our vocabulary list.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home